J T's journey

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Have a capsule and call me in the morning

Hey all!
Hey from Osaka.

I came down last night on the train, to see my mate Kit before he left to go home. I booked into a capsule hotel for the night, for 2600yen- which I think is pretty good (a youth hostel in Queenstown or New Plymouth in NZ would cost you $24 (approx 2400yen). If I had made better use of the bathing facilities it would have been better, but I prefered to sleep, as you do... Oh well theres probably tonight.

It was OK - not too small (the capsule) and the complex reminds me of being in hospital - you wear a robe around, and its all men, and its quite huge.

Anyhow, on my way out I discovered these computers. I figured I would edit my blog (take out the yahoo ads that appear at the bottom because I email my entries) and make a short posting. Unfortunately I can`t put my photos up just yet as when I put in my pen drive, it comes up with questions in Japanese.

Other news? In Japan April is the beginning of the fiscal year. This means students move up to the next grade etc, but also it is when people transfer. My angel girls have now graduated, I had them yesterday for the last time - but they will be taking normal lessons now, which is great - they will be treated a bit more like adults, and I think their english is better than some of the adults anyway.

My 3 year old kinder kid who says hello hello hello, and points to ice cream and makes a licking motion joked with me yesterday - I got the other kid to say what the pictures were, but he just made the same licking motion, but laughed. I thought I would have some fun and teach him something funny- so I taught him to make a scratching (as in scratching a record like a DJ) motion and saying jiggerjigger.

On Thursday night we had a gathering of teachers. Nothing special, rather it was so they could meet the new ones. We sent out the invites to our party next weekend too. Should be good.

Im getting another flatmate on the 20th. Im a bit dissappointed, as I enjoy only having the two of us, and another means the possibility of getting a bad apple. Hopefully he is cool. Hes from the USA.
Anyway - plan for today is to go to Kobe, after a good breakfast and water, and an investigation into what to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home