J T's journey

Friday, March 24, 2006

Nothing to lose, and gaining


Hey,
My new flatmate moved in on Wednesday. Seems pretty cool so far. An Australian from Adelaide.

Wednesday was my half day, but I have developed a cold/sore throat, so I made the call to have the day off (I start at 5 on my half days, but you have to let them know before 11 if you are calling in sick, otherwise they penalise you - another thing they wouldn`t get away with in NZ) I decided it was better to lose out on the half a days pay, rather than get sicker and lose out on a full days pay, and also avoid customer complaints (re germs and also not being able to understand me).

This morning I went back to the guy who is selling me the microwave, to try out several things - A small dot matrix printer (but uses A4 paper) and a remote control car. The printer worked, so I am getting that. The remote control car was OK, but if I am going to buy junk, I want it to work really well. It didnt quite sat isfy my life-long want of a decent RC car. Anyway, I brought the microwave, some snorkelling gear, a radio (includes CD and tape deck) the printer, and some scales. The microwave and scales were both half the price of the cheapest ones I had seen brand new.

Last night me and my flatmate went to the local cafe/bar for a beer (well I went for a pizza and Iced Cocoa - due to my cold). We decided to try out our Japanese on some girls. So we studied hard the words "Koko ne suwate mo i desu ka" (I think - if Im wrong, I`ve just asked if I can feel here...) which is can I sit here. They said yes, but the body language was a strong no. Anyway we sat down and after a while the bar tenders started talking to us, and talked with them for ages in broken english and japanese. So it was a bit of fun.

I think it will be pretty cool having a new flatmate, as since he is fresh, he is keen to do stuff. I guess I regret not making more of the few opportunitys I had with my other flatmate, but at the time I didnt have a bike, and was really cautious about staying out late.

Just now I have met the new girl that has just come as well.

Im thinking of having a party at my apartment soon to catch up with all the random people I have met so far, and introduce Lee to the other teachers.

Anyway, must go, shower, and work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home