J T's journey

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Everyday in Japan is an adventure

Yo,
Another week in Japan.

I guess Monday is the logical place to start the week. Unfortunately I didnt travel anywhere, just cleaned, washed, and ironed etc. Something I did was registered Marks bike to my name, and got its tyre fixed. Registration was only 500yen, but the tyre fixing costed 4000yen - but I decided it was ok, as a new tyre, new tube and labour. I also went and picked up the parcel from home, and dropped off videos and did some grocery shopping.

This week I worked at a couple of other schools. On Wednesday, I was supposed to be working at a school closer to my apartment, but they had stuffed up the plan or the paperwork, so I did one lesson there, and then had to run to my branch in the 10 minute break between lessons. On Thursday I was at a school on the way to Nagoya. I discovered that they had one of those sushi restuarants that has sushi dishes going around on a conveyor belt, so I went there for tea. It was awesome. I chose something that I didnt recognise, it turns out it was Nato - something my students reckoned I should try - it is fermenting soy beans. It wasnt very nice, but edible. Next door to it is an Italian restaurant that I will visit soon. I have been to another branch of that restaurant in Tokyo, and I remember it was OK, albeit in Japanese sized portions.

Yesterday, Saturday, I didnt have the angels, but I had 3 kinder classes in a row. The tiny cute kid opened his textbook and points to I for Icecream, and goes "Ice Cream!" and then starts to imitate licking an ice cream. After work I rushed to the train to attend a party in Nagoya, at the foreigners bar. It was 3000yen for all you could eat and drink. I ate quite a bit, but only had 2 beers, so it wasnt all that cost efficient.

Tomorrow I am planning on going to the snow near here. There is a mountain with a cable car going up it. And near the station there is an onsen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home