J T's journey

Friday, March 17, 2006

Investigations

Hey all.

Just a Friday entry. Im currently at the international centre investigating accomodations in Osaka and/or Kobe and/or Kyoto, in advance, as I am planning to actually make there in a couple of weekends time. For my convenience I am going to paste information I might need after this entry.

Nothing really great to report here. Im just looking forward to the weekend, Saturday night is the international party, Sunday the car show, and Monday hopefully the snow.

I just finished reading another book - Japanese made funny - faux pas (thats such a pretenious word, but then so is "pretenious") made by gaijin (foreigners) for example asking to sit here, but it comes out "can I feel?". Good for learning lots of toilet-humour words in Japanese. Might shed light on what my kid students say behind my back. At the moment I pick up on Buta-sensei (pig teacher) but thats about it.

Just some random thoughts from this week-

Its amazing how fast hair and facial hair grows here. Im not sure if it is just I am more consious of it, (my hair) but I definately think my facial hair seems to grow faster now - because I shave every day (rather than every week). At least I have a cool 5 O`clock shadow now, not so patchy!

I have found riding my bike an adventure. No helmets here. And common practice is to ride on the footpath. Not knowing the road rules doesnt help either. I find riding on the footpath similar to mountain biking, because of all the rises and dips in the pavement, and having to avoid power poles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home