J T's journey

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Translation lost in

The title is intentional.

Well, as you can see, I have established how to email to my blog.

Friday was spent washing and taking inventory (and throwing away expired food and rotten eggs.) In the afternoon I went to the library and video store. I got a new book out and three videos. By the end of the day I felt a lot better than I did the night before. By the time I went to bed I had finished all three videos.

Saturday was another day at work. I had 3 normal classes before lunch, and then I had 4 kids classes in a row. I finished with "the angels" which was good.

After work I headed straight into Nagoya to meet my friend (the Japanese girl I had met) for dinner. It was a nice dinner, a selection of various Japanese stuff. For what we had I think it was not a bad deal. Afterwards we walked and found the Australian bar. There happened to be Chiefs vs Cats game on, which I was interested to see. I decided though that I better leave before the finish as I may miss my train home. For you people hanging on for gossip, I established whether or not there was anything there with the Japanese girl, I asked her if she would ever have a Gaijin (foreigner) boyfriend. Answer- No. Sweet as, better to know that now.

As it happened, I did miss my train home. I was rather annoyed. I decided to check out a capsule hotel I had located previously (in case this ever happened). I needed some more money to pay for it, so I asked where an ATM was (which is good, now I know where that is too). Anyhow I found it, and then found I couldnt get inside. I guessed that I should put my ATM card in the slot near the door, but there were no signs to confirm that, and I didnt want to put my card in a random slot as a) I might not get it back, and b) I didnt want to set off any alarms. There was a girl inside who was coming out, so I started to "ask" by indicating should I swipe my card. As it happened she spoke perfect english. She then asked me what was there to do in Nagoya, as she had missed her train back to Gifu. So we ended up hanging together for the night. Sorry mum, not Grandkids prospects there either. She is engaged to an Australian guy. We went to Shooters, the gaijin bar for a while, and then tried to find a karoke room or internet cafe where we could sleep for a while, but they were either closing, too expensive, or the last place seemed a little dodgy, according to my friend. They wanted our details, and to photocopy our IDs etc. It didnt make things better that it started raining badly. So we spent the remainder of the night at Dennys, which I guess is an American family restaurant. I caught the early train home and slept until 11, when I got up for my Japanese lesson. It was still raining, so I used an umbrella (only about the 2nd or 3rd time since I have been h ere) and decided to use my national footwear (the gumboots I had invested in several weeks ago, about 440yen). After my lesson I listened to an American guy talking about America, and Americans perspectives of Japan, and Japans perspectives about America. Quite interesting.

Tomorrow might be for travelling. Today will probably be cleaning and sleeping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home