J T's journey

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Japan, a cleaning odessey

Well here I am again. Back in the mud again.

Im at an internet cafe near my house. Its amazing what you discover once you have a bike. I came here last night after finding out where it was from my workmate, my information source of Yokkaichi and travel. Tonight and last night I didnt want to cook,as it would mean more dishes to clean before the inspection on Monday (finally). I was a bit annoyed, as I have got ultra paranoid, and majorly cleaned. Basically I have been cleaning in one way or another for a month. I was going to go Osaka/Kobe this weekend, but Im not so sure now. Ill at least visit something. I didnt go to the mountain last weekend due to bad weather, so that is now top of the list.

Anyway, interesting positive stuff. In my cleaning efforts, I discovered a fish tank on the balcony, with a live fresh water lobster! Apparently my old flatmate (the one who left in December) had got it out of the drain once. I dont know what it has lived on though, algae? Apparently the drains are full of them in summer.

Re not cooking at home the last couple of days - last night I went to Coco Ichiban (Coco No1) a curry place. It was good. Tonight I went the other Italian place (the one I had been to in Tokyo).

Tonight I also discovered an english speaking church here.

Someone I worked with about 6 years ago is actually in Japan too, I discovered last night, according to Oldfriends.co.nz - so hopefully she replies to me and we can catch up.

Anyway, Ive got to go, time has run out. Note I had a productive week this week - my room is so tidy, and I finally sorted my phone out, including an email address for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home