J T's journey

Monday, March 13, 2006

End of weekend addenum

I was just here at the International centre checking emails and making inquires about sports and shopping centres, so I thought I would update.

I didnt go to Osaka or Kobe this weekend, nor the snow. I made sure the flat was perfect for the inspectors. Now thats over, I can let it go! live in flith! yeah right. I began to question myself - if I was becoming obsessive compulsive. Anyway, now I have managed to do most of the jobs that had been holding me back, Japan should be fun and relatively plain sailing from here on in.

After the inspection, I decided I would get a haircut, at the cheapest place again (1680 yen about $17/18 - not cheap compared to NZ, but I think I have had this conversation before...) Anyway, I thought it was a good idea to look good for my students LOL, but mainly because I believe having a fresh haircut gives me extra confidence - another conversation I think I have had before. They gave me a shave as well, including my neck, and forehead. Last time I refused the forehead shave as it seemed weird and obsolete, but this time I thought I would give it go - see what it was like... go metro...

On the topic of random things I finally used scales for the first time in 3.5 months. I went to a electronics store and tryed some (saved me from buying them LOL) and I have lost the grand total of 0kgs. A bit dissappointing, but I was glad I hadnt put any on. It hasnt been the "easy-weigh-loss place" that I envisioned it to be. It isnt all fish and rice unfortunately. From now on I have decided to try a bit harder to exercise (should be easier now I have a bike) and make a batch of teas in the weekends, so as to regulate my eating times and habits better.

Another random fact - I have read many books since being here. A list - Wild at heart; Ive been thinking (Prebble,R.); Now its time to act (Prebble, R); Millions of Cousins (about geneology - we are closer related than we think); Insight guide to Japan; Rich Dad, Poor Dad (I had read it before); Stupid White men (Moore, M.); and the latest - Things I didnt learn at school, but wish I had (McIntyre, J.)

Anyway, back on topic. Yesterday I went to lunch with a Japanese friend, and had Chinese, I think Japanese-Chinese might be a more accurate description of it. After that we went to the Yokkaichi Port building. That was cool - could see all around, albeit for the bad weather hindering some of the view. Next Sunday he is taking me to a custom car show at Nagoya port. That should be pretty awesome. On Saturday is another international party, and on the Monday I plan to make it to the snow (maybe I should stop telling you my plans so I stop looking stupid when I never make it! - I guess transparency is good - keeps me honest!)

Right now I am going to head home and get some meat out, and then I will go and see some shopping malls that I have not yet been to (they are in nearby towns).

Keep`em coming. Since not having a computer, I have been blessed to receive around 30 emails each time I log on now! Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home