J T's journey

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A contribution by one of our readers

Hey,

My mate Ron sent me an email, that I thought was worth sharing with the world, due to its comedic appeal (I hope comedic is a word, if not - it is now, I'm an english teacher, I make the rules!) Ron I hope you don't mind me putting this up without your prior permission - I can always take it off if you want.

To set the scene - I had related the story of my Osaka travels to Ron in an email (that I had ordered mutton skewers, but suspected it was actually pork, as it didn't seem like mutton - and having eaten mutton very regularly for 25 years or more I should know - I think they were telling me porkies! theres one you missed Ron!). In our group of friends (the FLY youth group - respect) we often rattle of some puns if the situation permits it. And this is a great example. Read on...

Sup,
Sorry about the mutton story I guess this is going to sound a bit lamb (1) and maybe I should give these jokes the chop (2) but did you feel a bit sheepish (3) after buying it? I guess they were trying to pull the wool over your eyes (4), it doesn't even sound like they were trying to dress mutton to look like lamb (5), what a dag (6). There's nothing worse than getting fleeced (7) thats for sure. Maybe they've docked (8) the price to make it more attractive, I hope the guys name you bought it off wasnt Shawn (9), you should go back and give them a roasting (10) about it, mind you it's a cutthroat (11) business world these days, and if your not careful you'll end up like a lamb being lead to the slaughter (12). These jokes sound like bad bagpipes (13). I cant stomach (14) much more of these jokes so ill dip (15) out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home