J T's journey

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Another weekend in the big smoke.

Thats the kind of title you get when I am uninspired. I feel a bit like Doogie Howser( circ 1989-ish), how he always wrote on his computer at the end of the episode - I think of that as at the moment I have just been watching Felicity (think circ. 1998) and she always talks to her dictaphone. Anyway, I digress.

I left it until today to write something, in case something interesting happened today. Not a lot, but I'll get to that soon.

This weekend has been my first full weekend. Saturday I worked, and when I got home I cooked myself a decent-sized feed of spaghetti bolognaise, minus the mince, however the tomato pasta sauce actually had some in it, so that was a bonus. However after that I felt a bit nausous, so I had an early night, which was good (despite the fact I wasn't feeling good.) Yesterday I decided to explore, and see if I could find the churches here, and if they have english services. I found them (well, the ones in the direction I was going), but none looked like they had english services. No one was there to ask either. After finding them, I carried on until I got to the port. I ended up doing about 12,000 steps. Anyway, on my way back I decided I would go to the all-you-can-eat italian restaurant - in the hope I would get the iron I think I'm lacking, and to actually feel full for the first time in 2 weeks. Well, I certainly felt full, but the amount of meat in the food left something to be desired. I thought it would be a good idea to use the self-service (soft) drink machine to see what various things tasted like. Bad idea. Everything except the obvious (Coke and fanta - albeit lime fanta - which was radioactive coloured and tasted wrong) were iced tea - I almost gagged, not good when you are really full too. Anyway, it was 1640 yen well spent.

Anyway today I went and opened my bank account, finally. That was a bit of an effort, with the language barrier and all. After that I had to fax and phone my head office (ie they need my bank account details, otherwise I don't get paid).

Following that, I went to find the library and the museum. Found both, both were closed (it was after 5pm by this stage). It was real cold outside, especially on the way there. Anyway, went to the shopping centre after that, had a big look around, discovered the 105yen shop (like the 2 dollar shop back home) brought some stuff, went to the supermarket and brought up large, including some mince to have with tonights pasta (spaghetti again, but with a cheese sauce.)

Anyway thats about it. Walking and eating. the joys of Japan.

1 Comments:

  • Yo JT,

    I'm digging your blog bro, Japan sounds like its in a whole different universe, it sounds awesome...so much exploring to do. My Uncle and Anite planted a church in osaka about 5 years ago, I think they have an english service...I will find out the address for you so you can visit when you head over there to see you friend.

    Keep up those good looks

    Dave

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home