J T's journey

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sayonara Aotearoa

Well, I guess this is it.
This time tomorrow, I will be on the plane, hopefully a little way out to sea above the Tasman.

I can't spend too much time writting this, as I still have to pack my bags. Hopefully I can do this justice nonetheless.

This week has pretty much been one of doing the little jobs, and saying bye to people. It has been much a case of awkward silences and awkward conversations.

I went and picked up my Passport/Working visa from Auckland on Wednesday. I had tea with our old friends in Howick. That was nice. I have gotten used to Auckland, to a degree - having been up there for various job hunting related excursions in the last 5 years. Basically it is just a big Hamilton, with higher parking prices.

I dropped in on my Nana on the way home. Needless to say that was hard. I then stopped at work to drop off my clothes.

I could go into every minor detail of what I have gotten up to this week, but there isn't much point.

Basically, this is my last stand, here in NZ.
This week has been a case of S#!t what did I get myself into - did I really think this one through?

What more can I say? I will miss you all.
At the same time I am glad to be getting out of this imbred city (Hamilton) where I know everyone - Im either related to them, went to school or tech with them, or worked with them.

I'm glad to be finally making some major progress with life.

Hopefully I will find myself overseas, come back happy and with a revitalised relationship with God and the world, and not further in the temptations and attitudes I am trying to escape from.

So then, my friends
Kia kaha, and Arohanui

JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home