J T's journey

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Fast times in Yokkaichi

Hey again.

Another short one.

That may have been a waste of a good title, but anyway.

Today I went to open a bank account. But bank closes at 3pm. AHHHHH. Luckily my employer wasn't too worried - I need a bank account before I can receive my advance, and my pay. Oh well have to wait until Monday.

After that disappointment, I went and enquired about Japanese lessons, and then at the Vodafone shop, to make sure someone there spoke english. It was a long process, making me wish I was still in NZ, not having to fight the language barrier.

Last night we went to a Karaoke bar, did karaoke, ate some food, etc. It was alright, but a little expensive. The tight guy within is starting to pull rank.

Just some little thoughts on Japan so far:
It is very tidy, which is strange, considering the lack of rubbish bins around.
Not many people speak english.
There are some sick weird people, I won't go into details
They are polite, Im probably the biggest person Ive seen here, yet none of the Japanese has taken any notice of that.
The thing about Japanese girls liking white guys? its rubbish. None have looked my way at all.
Japanese children are not any more better behaved than NZ kids.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Jamie, I've just managed to catch up on your blog. Wow, thanks for all the updates. I hope things continue to go well. Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, December 05, 2005 11:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home