J T's journey

Monday, October 16, 2006

Copy of October update email

Hey all,

This is a short email, mainly just to let you know my plan for coming home.

I'll be home on the 20th of November 2006. I am leaving Japan on the 14th, and will visit Singapore and Malaysia on the way home.

Before that, however I am going to very busy, this Saturday (21st October) I am going to Thailand for 4 days, and then on to Beijing for 5 days. I'll come back to Japan, work for 3 days (actually 2.5) then I will go to Nagano, and then to Tokyo for about 7 days total, work 2 days (1.5) and then visit my friend Anandia in Kyoto for 2 days, then jump on the plane on the 14th to Singapore.

After Japan, most of you will know that I am planning to go hard at gettting an Accounting, or more accurately, an Auditing job (hopefully) and finishing becoming a Chartered Accountant - for which I need 2 more years experience and need to do some workshops and a 6 hour exam, after which I hope to go to Britain. When I come home I will probably move to Auckland and join the masses, simply because there is more opportunity and life there.

Since the last email in July, I have been to Seoul in South Korea. That was cool. It was nice to have a comparision to (and a break from) Japan. Im glad I went then, and not now! Seoul was interesting, huge, and seemed to still be celebrating the fact that they held the Olympics there in 1988! English seemed to be a bit more common in Korea.

While I was there, I went up to the DMZ (the border with North Korea). That was interesting. Got to see a huge tunnel the North Koreans had dug (more like blasted through rock) in order to mount an attack on Seoul. Also got to look across the fence towards North Korea. However, the Koreans are more aggressive sellers than the Japanese, especially the taxi drivers at the airport.

Other than that, I managed to see a few more local sights that I hadn't made it to, such as the Ninja museum. That was awesome. Got to throw ninja stars.

More recently, a week ago, I went to Suzuka circuit (1 of 2 famous racing tracks in Japan) and saw the practice day of the F1. That was a cool experience.

Other than that, I guess it has just been working, partying, and planning and sorting out my travels.

Better go, feel free to send me a message sometime, (however I may not get to reply to it until I get home)
Hope to see you soon,

JT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home