J T's journey

Monday, October 16, 2006

Ping Pong over oceans

Hey,
Back at the internet again. Recently I have decided I was silly to give up the internet connection when Mark left. My logic at the time was that I was wasting too much time emailing etc, and I could save $50 a month by just using the International Association's internet (at the time my income was lower per month as I was on Probation, and was still paying back the advance they gave me at the start), as well as avoiding virus's and also be getting exercise. However, right now it would be so convenient to have the internet at my apartment, and I would probably save time too, as now I don't get so many emails.

Anyhow the update as promised...

I did go and see The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift - with my Japanese friend. It was quite good, a little different in style to the first two. What made it more enjoyable (and funny) for me was the fact that it was also about a foreigner's experience in Japan. My favourite line: "Why do you have to go after her, why don't you get yourself a cute Japanese girlfriend like the rest of the white guys around here..."
I guess Lost in Translation will mean something totally different to me when I watch it again.

I had my last Japanese lesson - that was a little sad, despite only having this teacher for about 2 months. I guess it was one of the first goodbyes.

That Friday (6th) I went to the Formula 1 practicing at Suzuka Circuit. That was pretty awesome seeing F1 cars in real life. I had to work at 5, so I had to time myself to make sure I had enough time to get back home, and off to work. I also went a little hard on the souvenir shopping, but its all good.

On the 7th (Saturday) I went to Nagoya, went to one of those parties, and caught up with my old workmate. I hadn't intended to, but I decided to do an all nighter, so I could hang with my friend. The next day I woke up at about 1pm, and then from about 3 until 11 spent the day with my workmates, celebrating my fellow Kiwi workmates 30th Birthday.

On the Tuesday 10th I went and sorted out my trip to Thailand and China, and started the process for my visa. That night I decided that to save time and make sure I got it done, I would stay the night in a capsule hotel in Nagoya, and go to the Chinese embassy first thing the next morning, and be back in time for work. So I did that. Typical Government organisations, tried to give me the run around, almost told me I had to go to Osaka, but anyway managed to sort it out OK, and number 1 priority tomorrow is picking it up. It was frustrating, because they are only open 9-12, and then calling them is a mission and a half because they don't answer the phone, (and of course then it is in Japanese) and they had been closed for 10 days (including Monday) for some Chinese holiday.

Yeah, other than that just working. Did my final shift swap ever today (YAY!) Now its all downhill from here.

Today I had a Chibiko (2-4 year olds) class (only the third I have had since I have been here - Nova hasn't broken even on that investment yet - training took 5 lessons- I was here 8 months before I taught a class) They were so cute. One kid would give me a high five, and then would be fascinated with my hairy arms. I think after the first time he just kept touching the hair because he got such a good reaction (laughter) from me and the mothers. On Saturday my last student was a 3 year old kinder kid. She was so good! her english was probably better than mine at that age!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home