J T's journey

Monday, October 02, 2006

Back to the future

The final countdown has started.
20 working days left.
Its kind of a strange feeling, because I almost don't want to leave now, just because things are getting so comfortable, and I have places that I still want to see, but may not quite get to.

On the other hand, everyone else is leaving too, so it wouldn't quite be the same (but of course I would then be "oldest" which I recall from primary school as being pretty cool.

Since last week:
I went to the car show. It was all good, although a little small. I had a lot of fun doing funny poses with the show girls, including foxy ears, and trying to out-pose one (see left - isn't it funny that she doesn't realise that that doesn't mean peace!).

That night was the farewell party for 3 teachers, including Anandia. It was a lot of fun.

The next day I went to Nagashima Spaland (finally). It was not so great, as it was all roller coasters, and the pool part was closed (because technically it is not summer anymore). The best thing was, there is an outlet mall there called Jazz Dream (for no apparent reason). They have lots of cool stuff, at reasonable prices, so I picked up a All Blacks jersey (not a field jersey or the practice jersey,) with a white collar and the white stripes down the sleeves for about $66NZD. It was actually an enjoyable shopping experience (as Suzanne and Mum will attest to, I am not usually a good clothes shopper). In fact the mall even had a lego shop and a Canterbury shop (but it was very expensive). After having some pizza for dinner, we came back to Yokkaichi and made use of the Haagen Dazs (Ice Cream a.k.a. Aisu Kurimu) 5 flavours for 630yen on days ending with 5.

Other big events? on Thursday night we had a big party at about the only (non-dodgy) club in Yokkaichi. Funny thing is I forgot that I was working the next day at 10 (rather than 5pm) so I got home at 6am, and luckily managed to be woken up by my cellphone vibrating at 8:30 reminding me of the appointment. When I finished my 5 hours, I got a call from the manager, asking me to do 2 more classes, which I agreed to, as they were kids classes (not so much thinking involved) and I would be paid for 3, as I had to travel there. However of course my Friday was a total write-off.

Saturday, after struggling to get myself off to work, the evening was another farewell party, for the same 3 teachers. Beforehand, me*, Kevin and Lee had dinner with Anandia, as a seperate farewell. We had Yakiniku (basically you barbeque pork or beef strips at your table), it was good, the old crew, 6 months down the track. The actual party was cool too, although another late one.

Today was very wet, so I didnt travel as planned. Also Anandia needed a hand moving stuff, so I went and helped her. It was sad saying bye to her at the train. I felt as though I had lost a limb or something.

After that I came here, checked emails, wrote some that needed writing, had sushi for dinner with friends, came back here did more stuff that needed doing... and here I am.

Tomorrow I am dedicating to getting my China visa etc, and in the evening I am hopefully going to see The Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift (or as it is know in Japan - Wild Speed x3: Tokyo Drift) (or closer to Warudo Supiido, if you translate the Katakana)

The * above relates to the fact I don't believe "me and..." statements are grammatically wrong.

Anyway, Im hungry, and this is going to be expensive. So many things to do, so little time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home