J T's journey

Friday, August 18, 2006

Intercontinental

Hey,
Sorry, been too busy recently to be regularly updating this. Life is short, I`ve got to play hard.

Which kind of sets the theme for this entry, I`ve been thinking about such cliches this week, you know all the :
Love like you`ve never been hurt
Its not the amount of breaths you take, its the moments that take your breath away (I watched Hitch again)
Just do it
etc

I think this has been inspired by the fact that I only have 3 months left here, so the end is in sight, and I have to tick off various things, namely my ambitions to see Asia.
Something I have been thinking about recently too is some of my motivation to see the world. I think some of it is so I have interesting things to talk about in the future - previously I hated talking about myself, because my life bored me. Shallow I guess. But on the other hand, I want to have no regrets. Im thinking about doing a huge trip/holiday to see China and Thailand (and perhaps Taipei and Hong Kong on the way) to save money.

Since last time I have been working everywhere. Saturday night I tried to go to a Lauel (a Brazillian party) but I couldn`t find it. Sunday I had to work.

Monday was a little more eventful. When I got out of bed, Kevin and I decided to go for a swim, via having lunch. So we made the long walk to the pool, via Coco Ichiban (the curry place, strange choice for a hot day but made the swim more worth it). The strange thing about having a swim here is the water is actually luke-warm (from the weather), not cold, like at home. We must have been there a few hours. I got fractionally sunburnt - not badly, but I have a singlet outline.

After that I headed home, and had sushi with someone I recently met. After that we had icecream, went and played video games, tried out Pachinko (I don`t believe in gambling, but I wanted to check it out, and check it off the list). Basically it is a cross between pinball and a pokie machine. And then finished with a drink.

This week has just been working. Tuesday night Anandia, Kevin, British Jon, and I went out, and did some Kareoke. Actually quite fun with a small group, as then you sing more regularly.

Last night I had to work in Nagoya, so I made the most of it and invited some of the other teachers out for a drink there. That was OK.

This weekend is a short one. Working Sunday, and working 5-9 on Monday, but then I go to Korea on Thursday night. Im looking forward to it. It will be my first time on a continent, every where else I have been has been an island. (Including Australia, albeit a big island - what I have an issue with is why they can call Australia the smallest continent, but technically, if Australia is its own continent, then New Zealand is seperate, and therefore also a continent, and therefore the smallest) Anyway, it will be strange to think that if I wanted, I could walk all the way to South Africa (in theory). Its also kind of cool to think that I will have been to one end of the biggest land mass (South Korea) and Suzanne has been to the other (South Africa).

Anyway, work is creeping up. I probably won`t update this until I am in Korea, or even after possibly, so take care till then.
One way. one truth, one life, one love
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home