J T's journey

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Subways and Subway(TM)s

Hey.

The peace park and peace museum was an experience. Quite sad and moving. I can't really do it justice. It was hard going, thinking of the different perspectives of what happened - the innocent lives lost, yet it ended the war, sparing other lives. However at the same time it began the arms race, yet the threat of nuclear war has possibly prevented further wars.
I must say I'm glad that Japan has the intelligence not to join the flow, having learnt the hard way, and is an advocate for peace and no nuclear weapons in the world. I am also proud that New Zealand has its staunch no nukes policy.

As you can see I have finally managed to put some photos up. These aren`t the photos I would like to be the focus of the display, however they are some of the few that worked. I have tried to put some others up, but they are still not working. These photos are from the Yamoto museum in Kure.

The title above relates to the fact that I made the most of the Subway restaurants in Osaka and Hiroshima.

After going to the peace park, I went back to Kure, but first had to get some money, and get to the station. Of course UFJ, the bank was closed including its ATMs - because it defies logic. So I had to go to a convenience store, and in broken Japanese, English, and hand signals, ask and get a assistant to help me get some money out.

The next day I went to the ship museum at Kure, and took lots of photos. I then headed into Hiroshima, and decided to kick off and leave on the Shinkansen back to Nagoya.

The trip back was good. This time I made sure I didn't get stuck in the smokers carriage - which has a permanent cloud of smoke in it. I got back to Y town at about 7. Had a shower, and went and got some tea and hung out with Anandia.

Tuesday was work - but unlike most 1st day backs, it was OK, I was rather refreshed and didn't struggle to "get in the zone". After work, Kevin, and I had tea at Coco Ichiban, and then we and Anandia came and played pool here (at the internet cafe).

Today work, and afterwards I went to a sushi restaurant with some friends.

Right now, Im feeling kind of frustrated/bewildered/hopeless with the world. It seems there is so much work to be done in my life. After a deep and meaningful conversation the other night I realise my potental is limited if I can't communicate properly. Which frustrating in itself, my lack of communication is a result of choices not to communicate because the less you expose, the less things you have to fight against. Unfortunately I can't just get through life on the premise of being a good guy. Heros often fail.

Anyway, thats my reality at the moment. I've left that last bit in there, because I have found I have started to censor this website too much as well - because I am concious of who reads it, it has become a candy-coated version of my reality. I believe in transparency, so here it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home