J T's journey

Friday, May 26, 2006

JT`s still in the game

Another week down, 26 more to go...

Since Friday...

Friday night I went to Nagoya for tea with Lee, Miyuki, and Alex. We met Miyuki`s friend, who is a cop. He wants to have a party sometime, and also wants to show us the police station. Sounds good!

Saturday, I worked and I had organised with some friends to meet them in Nagoya at Shooters, but all but one cancelled on me, so I went to Kanie instead (to my friends place) and had some drinks with him, and his friend. I caught the last train home (just! - I was waiting on the wrong platform, so when the train came I had to jump the barrier and cross the tracks)

Sunday, Japanese lesson, and then lunch at Kumar. I was going to go to Nagoya and meet a friend (one of the friends that I was going to meet on Saturday) but she blew me off again. So I wasn`t impressed, mainly because I had wasted my afternoon getting ready and killing time. So in the end, I went and had a coffee (ice cocoa) with Anandia, at a restaurant thats owned by the same people as our local bar (Aggi`s) and the all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant.

Monday, Kevin and I decided to go to Akame 48 waterfalls(http://www.akame48taki.jp) which was about half way to Osaka. It was interesting, roughly worth it I guess. Nice to be out of the city again. From the train station we shared a taxi with some Japanese girls from Osaka, so we only had to pay 400yen each. Unfortunately we didn`t hang out with them for the rest of the day.
When we got back to Yokkaichi, we were going to have tea at the Mexican restaurant I had heard of (I had tried to go there before with friends, but it had been shut) but what do you know... it was closed. Kevin said that he had seen another Mexican restaurant somewhere near our house, so we tried to find it for while, before giving up and going to the all-you-can-eat Italian place, and Anandia came and joined us. Following that I went home and changed and went to another restaurant for Krysta`s (my workmate that is leaving) leaving party. That was OK.

The next day I had my 6 month observation. I felt the lesson I did wasn`t a good example of my ability, but the observation went OK, and was fair. I actually got three compliments, so that was good.

Wednesday night there was another party for Krysta at a Karoke bar. Me and 2 of my Australian workmates actually stayed there until about 3am, belting out songs. Luckily I still had a voice the next day.

Thursday I was in Yatomi, working with Anandia, so after work we went and had Coco Ichiban (Curry), we just chilled and watched a video with part of a series of Friends on it.

Today, I woke up at about 10:30, but then slept again to about 12:45. Rather tired. I seem to never have time to do stuff in between having fun, sleeping and working, and doing the bare-minimum necessary things. Its a hard life. Anyhow, this coming month, June, I will be only having 1 day weekends, except for the 5 day trip to Hiroshima/USJ etc so hopefully I will be able to get the place totally tidy, and do all the things that have been put off because they are not so urgent.

Anyway, this weekend - another party for Krysta on Saturday night, Japanese lesson on Sunday, and on Monday night I have to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home