J T's journey

Friday, May 12, 2006

What I just said

After almost completing a fantastic post - the computer lost it -so now I have to start again, after my inspiration has been drained.

I`ll start with some interesting facts -
It was my half birthday the other day. Im now 26.5 years old.
Before that, it was this websites birthday - its 1 year old!
Also in 8 days, I will have been here 6 months - then I can take holidays! but it also means another observation.

Recent observations include:
Lately it has got hot all of a sudden. Its like someone has hit the hot switch here. After 5 months of coldness it is reasonably welcome, however its rather sudden. It reminds me of the Mount in January, except for the rain - the other observation - all winter it didnt rain, however when spring came - it has rained almost every second day.

This week I have being sending idea notes from phone to my internet email - like a journalist, so I remember to add them to the blog. My phone is useful in that regard - I use it as a diary, and a information storage device too - by taking photos or emailing to/from it.

Since the last entry -
On Saturday I went to the "Japanese Gilmours" (Amica) and got some hash browns, maple syrup, and mixed veges - to make life easier. Sunday then was used to organise my freezer and cupboard space to fit it in (without infringing on the other`s space). Also I made some changes to the contents of the cupboards in the kitchen and bathroom. I went out and brought a casserole dish - so now I can cook cool stuff. Dinner was a joint effort with Anandia, and then we went to a work do (that of course we had to pay for).

On Monday I had lunch at the all-you-can-eat Chinese place. I also watched 2Fast, 2 Furious again, however with the badly translated subtitles on - which was quite funny - they didnt make sense. That night I cooked scalloped potatos in my new casserole dish - and saved 2 teas for this week. Later I went out for a drink with an American friend, and got ripped off - 1000yen/$10 for a flat coke in a thin tall glass filled with ice, about 10 nuts. Basically here, if they provide you with a snack, they charge you with a sitting fee.

Anyway same old stuff until tonight - I worked with Anandia today, so after work we decided to have dinner at a Chinese restaurant at Yatomi, and then caught a later slow train home. We then came here to the internet cafe to hang out with the others (as this is also a darts and pool hall.) I managed to clean up in darts - thanks to a standing technique that my last flatmate showed me. So I have ended up here.

Plans for this weekend - Saturday is another international party, Sunday is a Brazillian cooking lesson, and hopefully Monday, Kevin and I will go to Suzuka circuit - a race track and amusement park. Should be fun.

Tonight I also organised a 5-day weekend in June, to go to Hiroshima, Universal Studios etc. Sugoi! (this is "Great!" in Japanese. My intention is to make it popular in New Zealand. Previously I had a failed attempt in introducing a new word to the kiwi vocabulary - "Kempt" (Cool - as in the opposite of unkempt - messy) mainly because I didn`t use it myself. However now I say sugoi all the time, and I have a website.)

Anyhow, have fun till next time.

1 Comments:

  • Jamie,

    It's Steve mate from Sydney. It's good to hear you are having a great time.

    Now I've lost your new email address. I wrote this down somewhere. Could you resend it to me at my work address or my personal email address.

    Hey also, Where are the postcards dude?

    Steve.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, May 14, 2006 1:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home