J T's journey

Sunday, October 16, 2005

"I'm leaving - on a jet plane..."

I wanted to save that title up until closer to the time, might change it.

Not a lot to report, made a little progress towards leaving - have booked an appointment with the travel doctor for Thursday, and have hunted the odd thing down. I need to focus on looking into travel insurance though as that is the thing with a deadline.

Have tidied my room this weekend, and little else. Spent Friday being a cat taxi - Jess, my sister's cat (formerly our family cat until Suzanne and Bevan "adopted" her) went to the vet and had her teeth cleaned, a microchip installed, and a vaccination. She was a little groggy when we picked her up, however wasn't so scared of the car trip as she was on the way there.

This evening went to Huntly and picked up a bed from my Nana's, to take to the house at Papamoa.

This weekend is Labour weekend - four and a half days off for me! not sure how to spend them- I was keen for a "North Island road trip" up the Coromandel Penninsula to the top, around the east cape, and down to Hastings to go to Splash planet. However it would probably cost me $200 in fuel, so I will probably just go to Papamoa and vege. However on the good side of that is, if I go to Papamoa, I can finally kayak out to Rabbit Island (off the main beach at Mt Maunganui). Something I have wanted to do since I was a kid.

For the next two weeks we are starting work at 4pm and finishing at 2.30am (rather than 12.30pm & 11pm respectively). It should be interesting, I like that idea as then I get more time to do Japan stuff during the day. They are throwing in a couple of free feeds too - which is all good (that was something I insisted on...)

I need to stop wasting time playing computer games on the computer - I have been so good in the past year - barely touched my games, until a couple of weeks ago when I reinstalled Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. Nearly clocked it, so hopefully not a temptation for much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home