J T's journey

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The final countdown

As one of the members of the band 48May said - here in Hamilton we like our classic 80's hits - and subsequently played "The final countdown". Anyway - enough of the promotion (I went to school with at least 2 of the band members - whether they remember me is a different story...)

There is a reason for the title - the countdown has been initiated - I am leaving (apparently) on the 15th of November. I received an email last night to that effect. All of a sudden I have gone from being in limbo-land, to being in focused-no time to waste-land.

The weekend just been was pretty cool. Friday was spent getting verified copies and sending away my police check. Late afternoon on Saturday I went down to Rotorua (full of surprises) met up with Rebecca, had a quick tea (in record time apparently) and went to the murder mystery evening. I ended up being the murderer (I didn't know that I did it) - I think they don't like Hamiltonians or something - kidding - if that was the case perhaps I should have been the victim?

After a delicious breakfast on Sunday I went to church, then went and watched a bit of Bathurst at Rebecca's friends' place.

I left at about 2/2.30 and headed back home. I decided to stop at Tirau and visit the Castle - as I have stopped several times, but it has always been closed when I have driven through. This time I actually made it. It is quite interesting - mainly toys and dolls etc, but entertained me enough for my $8. I thought it could have been a little more "Castle-like" however they are building a staircase up one of the towers, so I think it will just improve as time goes on. I read some of the clippings they had there - about the building of it. Apparently the man was quite unwell, and promised his wife that he would build her a castle before he died (which he thought was sooner rather than later). Quite romantic.

So where to from here? stuff to sort out - vaccinations, travel insurance, luggage, finishing work etc - a party (the date is a bit hazy at this stage) saying good-bye to friends and family (especially my Grandfather - that is going to be the hardest - he is the one that is most likely not going to be here when I return, or not remember me when I return).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home