J T's journey

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Urban socialite

A random name, but it sounded cool in my head. Slightly inspired by the fact that not so long ago (ie a couple of months ago) I was longing for a social life, now I am glad when I don't have to be anywhere.

This week brought not much at all. Still waiting for the Ministry of Justice (NZ) to send me back a criminal conviction check thing, so I can send it straight to Australia, so they can send it to Japan.

Last night (Friday) I went out with a couple of workmates to the Outback Inn as we had been intending to go so I could show them an Outback platter. It worked out well, as we got it for free as well as a free round of drinks because we had a group of 5, and they do a after-work shout thing. A bit later on we went back in, and the girls got another free drink because it was "ladies night". After the free feed we played a little pool, and then went to the Toyko in Hamilton bar, and sang some Karaoke. I decided it would be cool to try some sakke - a Japanese alcoholic drink - like wine apparently. It was warm, & I believe it was more like a cross between wine and vodka.

Tomorrow I am going to play mini-golf or pitch-&-putt with a friend. Should be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home