J T's journey

Saturday, September 17, 2005

A full weekend at home. YAY!

This is the first weekend in 5 weeks that I am actually going to be in Hamilton for the whole weekend. The only big thing happening this weekend is the Government election, no biggie really, yeah right.

This ain't a political blog, so I aren't going to comment too much. Most of you that know me will know my political preferences, or at least would guess correctly. What can I say, I am an accountant/aspiring real estate tycoon. However the other side of my personality isn't as well known, and it probably should be. It is this side which is wondering whether to give a vote to a minor party, that doesn't have much of a chance of getting in, or to give it to the big party, to make sure they form the next government. I like the thought of helping out the minor party - for what they stand for, but also because I tend to back the underdog - a legacy I guess I get from being a country boy in a city, in one of the most isolated and small countries in the world.

Enough is enough about the political side. This week has been a tough one, as I have been getting up early (8am-ish, remember I work until 11pm) to complete my forms for Japan. I don't want to go into it much, but it was kind of stressful, mainly because I would just get into the groove and then have to go to work for ten hours, come home at 11pm, and then the circle starts again. This is not helped by my analytical personality. Again the accountant rears his head. It was a case of paralysis by analysis. I get a little paranoid, about making sure I get it right and answer all my questions, and read the fine print. Another motto of mine is:
"Its not what is in front of you that will bite you in the ar$@" or "What you can see won't hurt you, its what you can't that will".

This one of those contemplative entries. Probably because I am tired. Last Friday night was interesting, I had a thought about singleness. Basically I don't mind being single, and am actually kind of glad that I am as it is letting me go to Japan. It is just the odd occasion, such as the celebration for mum & dad's work, where they had a live band. It is just times like those where it would be nice to have a girlfriend so I could dance with them and generally have a good time. I don't know. I need to work it all out, as it is the same issue that keeps coming up. The resulting problem is that gap tries to fill itself with the wrong things, and overshadows thoughts and general enjoyment.

You may have noticed several improvements/changes to my site in the last couple of weeks, such as the photos, but also I have added hyperlinks and links. Generally they are probably meaningless to you - I have actually put them there for myself... its all about me... LOL kind of like my bookmarks of sites I will want to access later while overseas. I also have big ideas about making a page/entry on help for applying to go to Japan - basically by cutting and pasting some of my stuff from word. It is interesting, as Google has just launched a blog searcher, so people could actually find it. The possibilities are endless.

There is a Ranfurly Shield match tomorrow too. Waikato vs. Canterbury. Hopefully we will win the shield off Canterbury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home