J T's journey

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Auckland, Rotorua, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane

My beloved Hamilton (Yeah Right) is missing my presence during the weekends this month, the weekend before last I was in Auckland for my interview, this weekend just been I was in Rotorua, on Friday I fly to Sydney, hopefully get to go to Canberra for the weekend, go to Brisbane for my interview during the next week.

Where do I start?
Last Thursday - had a wicked feed courtesy of ICANZ - or should I say the "New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants" - which is what they have rebranded themselves as, and courtesy is probably not the right word for it - considering the fees I pay to be a member I deserve a good free feed... Anyway it was delicious, meat (always good) honey-glazed veges (nice) etc, held at the Stadium (no wonder our fees are so expensive). Sat at the same table as the CEO. Felt like a bit of a fraud, considering that I aren't working as an accountant and only an hour earlier I was in my Gilmours uniform dragging around a pallet...

Rotorua - was cool. Expensive but cool. I went down on Friday night (should have been early afternoon - but needed to sort stuff out. At least Dr Phil and his tv buddies can't be blamed this time around.) Meet up with some friends in downtown Rotorua - via going to the Lava bar's Doctors & Nurses party and being tricked into a "blood pressure test" which was actually a muscle stimulator - resulting in me being covered in beer - however I got a free shooter out of it, several "2 for 1" drink coupons, and dried off with a hairdrier by a "nurse". Sounds a bit hotter than it was. She was pretty, but it was purely platonic.
Saw the buried village on Saturday, and went to see Chess the musical that evening. On Sunday went my friends' church, had a quick look at the lake, the park that steams (the free one in the middle) and to the luges.

The big news is that I get to go to Brisbane as well as Sydney. I was going to Sydney for an interview with a school in Japan - however they cancelled it due to lack of interest. I had already booked my tickets therefore I asked that we come to some compromise so I didn't waste my flight - they came back to me and said come to Brisbane and we'll reimburse you for the costs to change your flight(s). I worked out it is cheaper to fly domestically between Sydney & Brisbane and keep my flights in and out of Sydney the same, rather than changing them to be Brisbane instead of Sydney. This works well, as I get to see both cities and my friends that are in both of them.

Anyway its late. I have been naughty lately and haven't had as much sleep as I should for various reasons eg partying it up in vegas (aka Rotorua) and last night trying to watch the DVDs I got out a week ago and hadn't managed to see.

Next entry should be a good one.
Kia kaha.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home