J T's journey

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Walking in a winter wonderland

Wassup?

1 month down, 11+ to go.

Yeah, things are OK here. It has been a productive weekend. I have washed my clothes, tidied my bag and room, organised stuff, found out important stuff, and finally got a cellphone.

It has been good to achieved all this, but I came to the conclusion tonight that I haven't really been enjoying myself since I have been here. Yeah I have been out with various people, but I haven't had fun so to speak. I haven't been able to properly relax and have fun. Like usual I have been the silent observer - I am the odd one out - the new guy. And organising stuff is a mission. Anyway, enough of the negative stuff.

On the positive side - got my library card on Sunday - and on my way there - I noticed it had snowed! it was wicked! I was a big kid, jumping in the snow, making snowballs etc. It snowed a little later on as well, snow is not like I expected to be like, I thought it would be like hail, rather it is like tiny feathers.

Last night I went to the Italian restuarant again, but not much meat there either.

Today I found out how to register my flatmates bike to my name when he leaves, where an english speaking Doctor is, contacted and got replies from some English speaking churches in Nagoya, and finally got a cellphone. The Vodafone here didn't have the english speakers there today, so I went into Nagoya. Where I was going to go would have been closed by the time I got there, so I went to the vodafone across from the station to try my luck, luckily one of the people spoke good english. By the time I had finished though It was about 9 O'clock, so I couldn't really go to anywhere fun (as I would have to catch the train at 11pmish, and it is a bit of a walk.) Hence my moan about not doing anything fun.

Anyway Christmas next weekend. Thankfully I have it off. I would have been a little annoyed if I didn't - the Japanese exploit the Occasion for all it is commercially worth, yet don't have the day off. Probably heading up to Kanazawa 28th-30th, and then Tokyo via nite bus on the 30th, New Years, then back on the night of the 2nd (back 6am of the 3rd). Will go to Osaka at some stage soon. Now I have a phone I should be able to organise things easier.

Have fun, and a good Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home