J T's journey

Monday, December 12, 2005

A visit from the clean team, and move into #2 position

Hey there,

This week has been somewhat uneventful. Work and chores.

Today we had a flat inspection - because my Australian flatmate left on Saturday morning. So last night was the time for vacuuming and tidying up. I also went through the cupboard and fridge, and got rid of old stuff - some pretty old, and because it is all in Japanese - undistinguishable. Anyway the inspectors came - a cross between professional cleaners and the FBI - they cleaned the things with plug/drain holes, and took photos of things - like a crime scene. Anywhy, the end result was that it was OK. Yesterday wasn't much to write home about - woke up at 12, despite getting a nice and early night - it seems Saturday nights I am so worn out I go to sleep early on, but then I also sleep in. I am wanting to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier, but my body clock won't allow it. For example last night, I didn't get to sleep until 5. Maybe its the lack of physical work, that I had got used to at Gilmours.

Anyway, today I moved my stuff into the vacated room - now I have a cupboard, and access to the balcony, and am on the sunny-side of the house (I presume). Other than that I have done some washing, and ironing, and some dishes (so domesticated - ladies, I will be back in NZ late 2006/ early 2007 - entry forms for a date will go online shortly.) I had intended to go to Nagoya, but oh well. While I was doing the ironing, a movie called "The Hunted" was on - about an American guy in Japan, who becomes the target of some Ninja assassins, and it began in Nagoya. Interesting stuff. Last night I saw "Karate Kid III" - which was set in Okinawa (a southern little island) - but if you read the credits you discover it was actually filmed in Hawaii. Which is kind of funny. Coming to think of it, Im not sure if my students actually appreciate it when I tell them the "Last Samuari" is filmed in New Zealand. Anyway, may head out with my flat mate when he comes home to a karaoke bar with some of his mates. Maybe going to Tokyo with him for New Years. That would be cool. About time I start looking around, instead of doing household chores.

I have a couple of stories, but due to their content I won't tell them here, If you want to know, remind me to tell you the Ching ching story, and/or the biker dude story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home