J T's journey

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Tokyo



After hopping off the train from Kanazawa, I headed back to Yokkaichi, to swap clothes and gear for Tokyo. Headed back to Nagoya station, and onto the bus for Tokyo - arriving there at 6/7am.

Tokyo - saw Shinjuku the first day, this is a picture of the Tokyo Metropolitian Government building. It was closed though. Anyhow, we went and stayed a couple of hours in a love hotel to try to get some sleep. An interesting experience.
We went to Roppongi for the night life (it was New Years night) that was interesting, all sorts of cultures there.
The next day was pretty much a write-off, just went to the hotel as early as we could and slept for 15 hours or something.

The following day we went to the imperial palace - as the 2nd of January is one of the 2 days in the year that it is open to the public, but we were slightly too late - so we walked around the sides - hence this picture. Then we went to Harijuku - just shops. Kinda boring. Then caught the bus home. Anyway - gave me a bit of a taste of it - and prepared me for when I go there again - by myself (or with Mum & Dad or Suzanne & Bev or anyone else who visits me) Anyway, hope to go to the museum today or tomorrow - depending on when it is open, dito for the Nagoya castle and sights. Got to do the usual ironing and washing though I think - problem is the lack of pants I have here.

Tokyo has the records for several things, such as Shinjuku train station is the busiest station in the world, followed by Tokyo, and Roppongi station apparently is the deepest subway - which I can believe as I had to ride about three very steep escalators to get out of it.

Anyway, email me, I am kinda hanging out for some home contact - no one has really emailed due to the Christmas/New Years break. A little homesick - probably just cos I'm tired and from the Tokyo stress.
Two examples of badly translated English that I found in Shinjuku. I doubt that the Sexual Harassment company is somewhere where you would go to get help combating harassment, rather somewhere you can harass, or be harassed - Shinjuku is a bit dodgy.

The sign was outside a temple or shrine (temple is Buddist, Shrine is Shinto).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home