J T's journey

Sunday, December 10, 2006

3 Weeks after returning

Just a short update.

Since returning from Overseas I have mainly just been getting back into the swing of things. The first week was pretty much a write off, catching up on sleep. Other than that it has been a case of catching up with friends and family, and making a start on finding a job.

This last week I have been around most of the recruitment agents in Hamilton, and have been helping mum and dad put up their company's website.

Friday night we went to our friend's engagement party in Auckland. That was pretty cool, it was fancy dress "Mexican Dectectives".

Oh, and I have changed banks.

General feeling at the moment? What Krysta told me is true - returning home is overrated. The fame and glory only lasts for about 5 minutes, and the same for the novelty of western food. It seems so lonely being back, because everyone is at work when I aren't, and they are often busy with their lives after work.

In the Photo here, from left to Right -
my brother-in-law Bevan, Dad, Me, and Suzanne my sister

Anyway, looking forward to Christmas and swimming (snorkelling and Body-boarding) at Papamoa.
Have a good 1.

2 Comments:

  • Hey Jamie.

    Welcome home. I've been following your weblog (chur for the RSS, that way I can see when you've posted something) and it sounds like overall the Japan thing was a worthwhile experience.

    As usual I'm leaving my attempt to catch up with people to the last minute. If you get a chance between now and Christmas, drop me a line at sgh30-at-yahoo-dot-com. Otherwise I'm moving to Auckland in Feb next year so it will be easier to track people down then.

    See you on the other side (of the Cook Strait)

    Simon H

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:15:00 pm  

  • hey guy,

    merry christmas and all. things are going well the place is spotless....we had an inspection and went a-wall. maybe if im feeling generous ill mail your air-walks home to u...

    -kev

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:34:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home