J T's journey

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Ramble

Its not free - but I am at a internet cafe, emailing and looking at websites - because it is so much more quicker and convenient (hey I might have finally learnt how to spell that word finally) however it is amazing how quickly time disappears when you are on the net. I have already been here 2 hours, and think I might have a third, actually have just decided I will.

This week - not much to report. Last night I went into Nagoya to catch up with a Japanese friend I met on Christmas eve. Apparently one of the girls that was there with us on Christmas eve asked him for my phone number (but he kept it a secret - perhaps he wasn't sure if I would want him giving it out, or maybe he was just joking) anyway, I got her number and texted her. Haven't heard anything back from her yet, so we'll see. Don't expect any juicy goss!

Today I began my Japanese lessons. That was quite cool - my teacher is an auditor, so we had some common ground straight off. So far he has taught me numbers, and shown me what the buttons do on my air conditioner remote!

While I was at the international centre I booked a place at a tea ceremony next weekend after my Japanese lesson (I always go to say english lesson), and the following weekend I am going to a party for Brazil day. There are a lot of Brazillians in Japan, and especially Yokkaichi, as apparently the two governments have an agreement, and a lot of Brazillians come here to work in the factories.

The following weekend I am going to something in Nagoya, for international people- it will cost me 1500yen, but free food and drink (until it runs out) and apparently there may be up to 150 people attending.

Anyway, from my lesson I took a short walk to see if I could find a barber shop - I did, but it would have cost me 4000yen ($40 roughly) for a haircut. Of course I said no, Im used to paying $7 for a haircut at Dave's Barber shop in Frankton, so I wasn't keen.

Then I found this internet cafe, where I have been before. This time I know how to keep the keyboard typing in English, thanks to Nozomu.

For the rest of the day I am thinking about going to the planetarium at the museum, and then into Nagoya to church if I have enough time.

This week I had a student (female) give me a souveniour from her homestay in Britain. I was rather surprised and happy, as it was the first time I had taught her, and apparently she had enjoyed my lesson. So I was rather stoked. Im not sure if there was more to it, (perhaps she fancies me?LOL no complaints if she does, she was pretty) but at least it has brought me some credibility/reassurance as a teacher (which also is strengthened by the fact she is a high school teacher - I checked her file). Anyway, this is slowly becoming an immature episode of the JT dating show... I better watch what I write from now on, as I know my site has gained many readers recently (from the emails I have received) and some are reading it quite intently.

Hopefully my sleeping patterns are coming right. I had to get up early to go to my Japanese lesson at 10 today, and I seemed to get to sleep a bit earlier last night - helped by yesterday's early start, and probably by the walking I did. What didn't help was the Hot Cocoa I ordered (as a measure to help me sleep, was interpretted as a Coke. But the caffine didn't keep me up, so that was OK.

Hopefully Nagoya castle tomorrow (finally!)

Japanese Fanta. Note it isn't a radioactive orange colour here. But it still tastes the same. For some dumb reason Grape fanta and sometimes Lime (radioactive green - disgusting) are easier to find here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home