J T's journey

Saturday, January 20, 2007

One in a million: Home for two months

Hey,

Just a short update,

This week was OK, saw a couple of things out of the ordinary.

First of all, in the paper on Thursday, I saw that there was a comet visable from the Waikato for about a week - Comet McNaught, so me, Suzanne and Bevan went to a park with a hill, which is roughly halfway between our houses, and checked it out, and took photos of it.
It was pretty cool. The last comet I saw was Haley's comet, which was back in 1986, at the tender age of 6 years old. From what I remember, I think this comet was actually more impressive - longer. Apparently - according to the paper - unless I become immortal, I won't see this comet again, and chances are I probably won't see Haley's comet again either.

The other thing was last night. I went to see the Drifters (nothing to do with cars) the American band from the 60's. They sang such songs as Under the Boardwalk, Sitting in the Back row, Saturday night at the movies, etc They played at Altitude, and it only cost $20.

Other than that, this week I got my bedroom nice and tidy, a nice change, although it is "mum-standard tidy" ie it is clean and tidy, but not 100% organised and systematic.

I also finished the Third season of the OC. Kind of sad, in many ways - least of all the fact I am living vicariously through and feeling emotions for a work of fiction. So now, since being home, I have managed to get through 2 seasons of the Family Guy, 2 seasons of Scrubs, a season and a bit of Dawson's creek, and Three seasons of the OC. A bit pathetic really. However, so you don't think I'm completely lazy, I have managed to have a decent walk almost every day for the last fortnight.

So now I am popping into town to see if I can find some cheaply priced things to spend some Christmas money on - Flippers, Diving knife, a stamp catalogue and something to display my money collection in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home